Friday, June 8, 2012

Recycle more... even the little tiny tags

I used to live in an apartment and it was small and cozy and the recycling bin was always just a few steps away.  At first I recycled the normal things like cans, water bottles, etc.  But because it was so close I started recycling anything I could.  Tags from new clothes, receipts, shampoo bottles, absolutely anything that could be recycled no matter how small.  So then I got married and we bought a house.  I moved my old recycling can into the kitchen.  But I hate clutter and the recycling bin was so far from the bathroom that it was easier to just throw things away.  Shame on me!  So I got a plastic bag... one of those ones I am trying to avoid but still get sometimes... and hung it on the door handle in the master bathroom.  Now I can again recycle all the little things.  It takes away the temptation to throw things away just because it is easier.  Once the bag is full I take it downstairs and recycle it in the outside bin.  This is just a little idea but it does help me so I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment